Breeding Station Trials Technician - Cereals
KWS UK Ltd.
Thriplow, SG8 7RE
We at KWS UK Ltd. are looking to recruit at the earliest opportunity a Trials Technician for a full-time, permanent position, based in Thriplow near Cambridge. As part of the Trials and Farms Team, you will be involved with yield trials and other plant breeding operations essential for the successful development of new varieties. Your main responsibilities will include working on Official Cereal Trials as well as supporting operations on private KWS combinable crop trials.
This will involve:
- Working to AHDB and BSPB Protocols and Procedures.
- Planning, preparing, and drilling of Cereal trial plots.
- Vermin control and protection of trial plots.
- Plot scoring, record keeping and data collection.
- Timely harvest of trial plots.
- Presentation of good data and grain samples.
- Experience in the field of agriculture is beneficial, however training can be given.
- A full clean driving license is required.
- Tractor driving skills would be advantageous but not essential.
- Good literacy, numeracy, and knowledge of Microsoft Excel are essential.
- Willingness to work extended hours during harvest, drilling, and other peak periods.
- Trustworthiness, reliability, and a high level of motivation.
- Good teamwork, communication, and organization skills as well as flexibility.
Let's peek at how you can grow your skills, well-being, and future at KWS!
- Support other members of the trials team with yield trials of Cereal and Root crops
- Willingness to join training for PA 1 & 11, counterbalance forklift and telehandler licenses if skills are not possessed yet
- You will be trained to develop your leadership skills on-the-job, to supervise a small team of 6 seasonal workers during peak periods
- Desire to take on areas of responsibility and progress your career
- 30 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme with 16% Company contribution and 1.2% minimum employee contribution
- Private Health Care Plan, Membership of Lifestyle Scheme and Life Assurance, of three times annual salary
- Income Protection Plan at 75% of salary for long-term illness and disability for a period of three years
- Profit Related Bonus Scheme, up to 10% of annual salary
Would you like to develop your potential and grow at KWS? Then we look forward to receiving your application (cover letter and resume) via our online portal!
How to apply